Monday 22 September 2014

My eperiences with microsoft


Microsoft Word Vs Apple's Pages
 
Image: http://applesencia.com/2013/08/word-antes-que-pages

As I am a mac user, my exeriences with Microsoft programs and applications have become, for the most part, a thing of my past. I have in recent years made the gradual transition from microsoft word over to Apple's pages app as I feel this to be more user freiendly (this is just my opinion). That being said, in a recent ICT lesson in university we were show the fantastic referecning system included within Microsoft word, which I feel could result in me reverting to Word for university based assisgnments.My preference with Pages over Word comes with the ease of the funtions (such as layout and importing features), the flexability of the program and of course, the fact that I feel it has a more visually apealing layout. However, I am still a huge fan of Microsofts Powerpoint and it is always going to be a preferencer of mine, however, I am trying to make the move over Apple's Keynote to see what that has to offer. Watch this space for feedback in the future

Issues with word on Mac

If you dont have the issue mentioned above with the referencing system on Mac then good for you, concider yourself one of the lucky ones, however, if your stumped, then read on!
Thanks to the power of Youtube, I came across a fanstic video showing the step by step guide to downloading and installing a veriety of referencing systems on Macs version of Word (Judging by the comments, this comes as a great relief to students and Word users everywhere)

Heres the link for Mac users having trouble putting the referencing system in Word: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4xoJzJRvo

1 comment:

  1. You could have embedded this clip for your readers

    ReplyDelete